Done.

Let me know if you have any problems.

-dain

On Oct 30, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

+1 from me to clean up the rest.

thanks,
dims

On 10/29/05, Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 29, 2005, at 11:57 AM, David Jencks wrote:

On Oct 29, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

Setting the TCCL around lifecycle methods is one of the changes I
made in XBean.  It turns out that there is a lot of code out there
that assumes the TCCL is properly set, so instead of requiring
everyone to write a wrapper class, I just set it.  The reason we
removed most of the TCCL setting code from Geronimo was because it
was a major performance impact.  I just think we went a little to
far :)  The life cycle methods are rarely called and don't happen
in code paths where performance is critical.  I think we should
change the GBeanInstance code to set the TCCL around doStart and
doStop.

What do you think?

Fine with me.  Do you agree that setting the TCCL while
deserializing attribute values is unnecessary?

I think the ObjectInputStreamEx handles all of our cases with an
explicit class loader, but we may want to leave the code there in
case a readObject or readReplace implementation tries to get the
TCCL.  So I think it is unnecessary, but I see no harm is just
leaving that one there.

-dain