Dain Sundstrom wrote:
Everyone seems very positive about consolidating the community. How should we proceed?

I was thinking that it would be nice to send an invitation to the projects to join the Geronimo community as a subproject. The invitation letter would simply state our interest in having the project join Geronimo and if they accept, to prepare a proposal for the incubator. When the proposals are ready, we would vote to accept the project and forward it to incubator.

The projects mentioned in the "Consolidating the community" thread and the email addresses for their dev lists.

ActiveCluster - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ActiveIO - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ActiveMQ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ActivetSpaces - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenEJB - dev@openejb.org
ServiceMix - dev@servicemix.codehaus.org
TranQL - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WADI - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
XBean - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-dain

Dain,
This is great. +1 for the effort. I'd recommend bouncing this off the ASF board just in case there are issues we're overlooking (I don't see any). The ASF doesn't generally solicit projects but I can't imagine anyone having a problem with this proposal.

Bill