Aaron Mulder wrote, On 11/9/2005 10:14 PM:

I'd like to create a log level for "major events that the user should
know about that are not bad", such as a deployment.  They don't fit
into WARN or higher because they're not bad.  But I don't want them to
get lost in the noise that is currently our INFO.  Still, it seems
like creating a new log level is not necessarily the way to go.  (At
the moment I'm using System.out because that shows up even though our
default log level is WARN, but then it doesn't go into the server
log.)

How would people feel if I make a concerted effort to change INFO
messages to DEBUG unless they are totally not predictable (not regular
startup or shutdown procedure, for example) and are relevant to the
end user (different than "relevent to the Geronimo developer")?  Then
I would change our default console log level to INFO.  So the only
INFO events I can think of (though there may be more once we start
evaluating them in detail) would be:

- server started
- a deployment operation completed successfully
- a configuration was started/stopped (really a subset of deployment
operations)

Sounds like a good idea.

Regards,
Alan