Lars Kühne wrote:
I'm having a hard time building the Trifork ORB in sandbox/freeorb. I'm trying to follow /README-M2-BUILD.txt, but step 2 doesn't work for me.

When I try to compile specs/*corba, I get

geronimo-spec-corba> mvn install
The plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:maven-idlj-plugin' does not exist [...]

Do I need to do anything special to get the idlj plugin?

You can get the idlj plugin here:

svn://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/scm/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/maven-idlj-plugin
t depends on Suns tools.jar in the SDK. So you need to either put the tools.jar in the jre/lib/ext directory of your SDK. An alternative solution could be to use a dependency like this:

<dependency>
  <groupId>sun.jdk</groupId>
  <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
  <version>1.4.2</version>
  <scope>system</scope>
  <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

This has not been tested though.

Unfortunately this solution also breaks the build process on non-SUN jvms, such as OS X.

As i understand it, Alan is working on finding a solution to this.

Anders