Hi all,

This is to let you all in on the progress with the Geronimo ORB implementation.

We have been working on writing a test framework, that would allow us to coordinate and run ORBs in separate JVMs. The test framework is not 100% polished yet, but it works, and it facilitates very easy implementation of multiple-VM unit tests.

We expect to contribute a patch within this week, which will contain a basic, working "Hello World" corba test.

We have had some frustrations here at Trifork. It is very difficult to for us to work together on the code without being able to commit the code to a source repository, especially on a rapidly changing project like the ORB. Of course we can submit patches, but these will, in the optimal case, take at least a few hours and perhaps several days to get committed to the repo.

Whats worse, this situation with the code in the repo is significantly behind, makes it virtually impossible for people other than us in Trifork to work on the orb.

I would like to hear some community response to this. Optimally, we would like to gain commit access to the Geronimo repo. I understand that you will not just hand out commit access to everyone, and that this has to be deserved. I am confident that we at Trifork will contribute enough code to become committer on Geronimo in the future, however, we need a solution to this problem now.

Do you have any suggestions to what we should do? Should we setup a separate source repository for example at Sourceforge? - We could then regularly sync this repo with the Geronimo repo, and everyone would be able to check out the very latest version of the code.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,
Anders