Yes, I agree too.

Is this more in line with what we think should be on the Welcome portlet?

http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1829

Joe

Aaron Mulder wrote:
I agree with Dave.

Aaron

On 11/17/05, Dave Colasurdo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I like the idea of a different initial (post logon) page for the
console.  However, the information from the Geronimo welcome page
seems inappropriate for the console (i.e. congratulations on the
install, you may have gotten the setup wrong)..  Seems the console
welcome page should describe characteristics of the console (navigation,
features, plans, doc, etc.)..

Joe Bohn wrote:

One point of clarification .... I am not removing the Java Server
Information portlet.  I'm merely proposing making the welcome portlet
the first thing the user sees instead of the Java Server info portlet.

Joe

Joe Bohn wrote:

All,

I'd like to add a Welcome Portlet that would be presented to a user
when they login to the Geronimo Web Console.  This would be in place
of the Java Server information that is currently presented.  Ideally
we would want this to include helpful information for the user, first
steps, etc.... For now I'm just including the similar information to
what is included in the regular Welcome page (of which I also have an
updated version).  The first image at this link includes my current
version of the page (sans the powered by icon in the lower right which
I do not yet have).  What do you think?

http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1829

--
Joe Bohn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." -- Jim Elliot