Joe,

I think we still should aim to support remote deployment using the command line tools as users will expect them to work with remote systems, e.g. a user developing on Windows who wants to deploy to their UNIX box (possibly automated as part of their build process).

John

Joe Bohn wrote:

There has been some discussion about the need/desire for remote deploy in V1. I just wanted to point out that it appears that the deployment from the web console works remotely (with file upload). This surprised me and several others so I just wanted to make sure people were aware of it. I verified this across two machines (not across firewalls or anything)and it worked fine for a simple war.

Is the console capability good enough to claim remote deploy even if we don't have a command line version of this?

-Joe