To me the biggest problem here is still backwards compatibility and if/how we can support it. Dain suggested (privately) that we might have a conversion table for our configids so that an old plan would still deploy. This is possible but really ugly. I will look into just how ugly :-) I'd certainly appreciate any other opinions on how serious a problem this is and what we can do about it.

Now to more specific responses: