Guarana!

On Dec 9, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

I feel this debate is like do you like Coke or Pepsi?
People will be more biased about the web container they use most of the
time (forget about merits/demerits of each app)

I think it's kind of useless to be arguing about this since both tomcat
and jetty is available. So ppl will always choose to modify the config
to have the container they like most.

(This would have been an important debate, if we were going to include
only one (either tomcat or jetty), but since both are included it
doesn't really matter)

Instead we should use the time to put more documentation on how you can change the web container. I think a lot of people will appreciate that.

Just my 2 cents

Rajith.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Genender [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 12:54 AM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does there need to be a default web container?

Thats a great idea...

Kinda like Google's "I'm feeling lucky" ;-)

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think the magic G-ball should be embedded in the installer and let
it make a
random choice for the user :)

The answer is "It is decidedly so."

Matt

Jeff Genender wrote:
Then lets agree to disagree. We should probably take this offline if
it
needs to be discussed further.  This is kind of off-topic.

Jeff

Aaron Mulder wrote:

Sorry Jeff, I have to disagree.  If you asked me whether you should
use Tomcat or Jetty, I really couldn't give you an informed answer.
About the best I could say is "they both work fine in Geronimo, they
do a couple things like virtual hosting slightly differently, and
the
Jetty team is actively involved in Geronimo whereas we pretty much
built the Tomcat integration on our own."  Still, that doesn't give
you much guidance (the last bit there is the only reason I
personally
would have any preference at all).  And I feel like I'm in the
*most*
informed 1% of all possible Geronimo users.

I don't think it's sensible to argue over what "average" people know
or don't know, it's just my feeling that if I can't make a clear
decision for obvious reasons, then I can't ask every user who ever
installs the product to make that same decision.

Thanks,
    Aaron