Hi Gianny,
                I put in a dirty hack and got my app working. The problem I was facing was in the
 private LinkedHashMap createCMPFieldAccessors(SQLQueryBuilder queryBuilder, LinkedHashMap cmrFieldAccessor) throws QueryException { method in CMPContainerBuilder

Here there is a   if (null != ejb.getAssociationEndDefiningFKAttribute(name)) {
check inside which the CMR foreign Key was set to a read only field during deployment. In my app the CMR FK is a part of the primary key also. So during ejbCreate it gives error saying that it is a readonly field. I just added a check to not go into this loop if the FK is also a part of the PK.
and the app seems to be working.  Hope this gives you more info abt the problem I am facing

Regards
Manu