Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Well...  is it possible to make this not specific to WADI?  Perhaps
> make it a generic "clustering manager" tag, and is "just so happens"
> that the only classes we let you configure so far are the WADI ones?
> Ideally, we'd put some generic interface in the Geronimo space, and
> then the WADI ones would implement or extend that, so if we ever
> wanted to integrate other clustering options we'd leave that door
> open.

+1

I really think that clustering contents of geronimo-web.xml needs to
be moved out of the webapplication.  Clustering should be configured once
and only once for the whole server - not within each web application (also
we have to consider EJB clustering which does not have a webapp).

So I really see that we need a new module called "cluster" (or "wadi" if
we want to persist with the implementation exposure we have with
jetty and tomcat).

If the only web container specific part of the configuration is to
choose the class type of the session manager, then I think that this could
almost be hard coded in the jetty and tomcat modules - when they see
a distributable tag, they look for a cluster/wadi gbean and instantiate
a specific session manager that is required to work with it.

If there is other web app specific configuration, then it can be
left in a geronimo-web.xml, but hopefully as a non container specific
nature.

cheers