On Jan 13, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Jules Gosnell wrote:

Aaron,

this may not be the same issue, but I came across something that might help whilst working on the WADI integrations...

I figured that AMQ's shutdown hook was seeing the ctl-c and shutting down AMQ before Geronimo had actually had a chance to do so.

AMQ's shutdown hook can be suppressed via adding '- Dactivemq.broker.disable-clean-shutdown=true' to your JAVA_OPTS before starting Geronimo.

This fixed one of the issues that WADI threw up and might resolve your issue, or I may be barking up completely the wrong tree...

Jules,
That would make sense. Alternately, I'm not sure how internal Geronimo shutdown processing is ordered. So, it's also seems possible that Geronimo is shutting down the server, prior to the client.

Although this work-around might fix our problem, I think ActiveMQ shutdown processing needs to be fixed...