On 25 Jan 2006, at 00:36, David Jencks wrote:

On Jan 24, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Simon wrote:

This is j2se client (plain java). I thought as well that I can not get connection factory from jndi outside container; However active-mq website (http://www.activemq.org/Geronimo) says it is possible; (Apparently they connect to the jms server for jndi lookup). But they gloss over the name of
the connection factory, and I could not make it work.

Look further in their documentation. They have way to set up a local jndi context that gives you access to the stuff running in the current jvm. I'm not sure but this may involve spring. Asking on their list will get you better quality information :-) AFAIK you are not going to be able to look up an AMQ connection factory remotely and pull it across the wire.

Agreed - its an in-JVM JNDI implementation that creates an in-JVM ConnectionFactory capable of communicating with a remote (or local) JMS broker
http://activemq.org/JNDI+Support

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/