Unfortunately, according to JSR-88, CAR means a client JAR.  :(  Oh,
well, not much we can do about that.

Anyway, in terms of meaningful issues, I think we should also consider
"zip" a valid type, for people who still deploy dependencies as ZIPs
(aargh! Oracle drivers).  And I do think we need to consider "jar" the
most common value for <dependency> and possibly <include> elements,
though granted not for <import> or parentId.

I think I'd be happy with Dain's proposal to split out the configId
values so you must separately specify group, artifact, and version in
the deployment planheader, and then someone referring to it must
specify the artifact, the group if it was originally specified, and
the version and type if they want to.

Thanks,
   Aaron