Hi Anita,

I hit this error last week. I created GERONIMO-1541 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1541 and attached a patch to it for the fix. If you apply this patch and rebuild the assemblies you should be able to deploy.

Another quick, temporary fix is just to copy this jar "geronimo-j2ee-deployment_1.1_spec-1.0.jar" from the j2ee-tomcat-server assembly lib to the minimal-tomcat-server lib.

Joe

anita kulshreshtha wrote:
    I am getting this error while deploying any app to
minimal-tomcat-server using :
java -jar bin\deployer.jar deploy    I

..\..\..\..\applications\jmxdebug\target\geronimo-jmxdebug-1.1-SNAPSHOT.war

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/enterprise/deploy/spi/status/ProgressListener
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.<clinit>(DeployTool.java:68)

Thanks
Anita