On Jan 31, 2006, at 9:08 PM, John Sisson wrote:

1) In the 1.0 branch I noticed that an installer installation has geronimo/repository/geronimo/cars directory (containing approx 42 MB of car files) but the tomcat & jetty assemblies don't have the car directory. Is this intended?

When are car files in the repository used?

I think this is an artifact of the way the installer is working right now, namely including a repo inside it and copying everything into the server under construction, whether or not it is used. I want it to install only the stuff you select.

2) I also noticed that in the installer installation using the default options, the following files (that are installed for the jetty/tomcat assemblies) are not installed:

geronimo/repository/jars/geronimo-javamail-transport-1.0.1- SNAPSHOT.jar
geronimo/repository/jars/geronimo-mail-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

What happens if the user initially does not select SMTP transport (the default) in the installer and then after installation changes their mind? How are we expecting the user to get it installed?

Due to my theory about (1), I think that these are simply left out of the installers internal repo and so the mail config may not work. As noted in (1) in my opinion these should get copied into the server under construction only if you select the mail configuration for installation.

thanks

John