On 2 Feb 2006, at 12:52, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
Sorry to be a PITA but can someone explain to me the connection between
a JBI impl and a BPEL engine??

JBI is the JSR approved standard API to integration components and an ESB container is the standard container model for a BPE; so it makes sense to work on a BPE in conjunction with a JBI container and component framework along with the JBI community at Apache (ServiceMix) to ensure they all work nicely together. I'm sure other projects can reuse the resulting code; just like I'm sure other projects can use the JBI container etc. (e.g. the JBI container could be embedded inside Synapse or Tuscany or even Axis).

Why would this not fit better within that project, just as
Twister was made to become part of that?

Given the completed state of the BPE code and the symbiotic nature of the JBI project and BPE I don't see a big need to put this BPE within an incubating umbrella project of other in-development workflow engines.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/