[X] +1 accept the donation into the ServiceMix incubator project

This is a fantastic opportunity for us to get a tightly integrated process engine!

Regards,
Hiram

On Feb 2, 2006, at 8:22 AM, James Strachan wrote:

We have received the generous donation of a complete and working BPE engine to the ServiceMix project... http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-servicemix-dev/ 200602.mbox/% [EMAIL PROTECTED]

the contributor has offered to donate to Apache & complete the necessary software grants & IP clearance and to work with us on integrating it into ServiceMix.

For those of you maybe not aware; ServiceMIx is an ESB project defined around JBI (JSR 208) the JCP standard API to integration components along with being the standard container model for a BPE. ServiceMix already has the JBI container and has a suite of JBI integration components already for smart routing, transformation, rules, scripting, auditing etc...
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/Components

So it makes complete sense to add a BPE to that component suite. Note that since ServiceMix already has integration components to Apache Axis and Apache Tuscany, the integration of the BPE with ServiceMix should benefit those projects too (with Apache Synapse possibly too via the Axis integration - though we need to work on that one a bit).

Also having a BPE fully integrated into Geronimo via the JBI container would mean that we could start to orchestrate pretty much everything in the Geronimo stack! I'm certainly very excited by this move...

[ ] +1 accept the donation into the ServiceMix incubator project
[ ] 0  don't mind either way
[ ] -1 I object because: .......

Here's my +1

James