My personal preference is to have all of our spec APIs available in source form from the geronimo-specs tree, so I'd much rather just type them in.

-dain

On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:07 AM, Andy Piper wrote:

At 06:59 AM 2/2/2006, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
I've also discussed this issue regarding the lack of any recognizable license for their code w/ BEA and IBM, and they have made it very clear that they will provide one if needed.

So the question is, type or wait for license?  I say "type"

I believe that it was never our intention that the java API should be encumbered in a way that raises these issues and certainly not our intention that people would have to type in the code from the javadoc in order to circumvent the issues.

My understanding was that we have already resolved this internally (and hence why we are offering help in implementing the APIs), but I will double check.

Thanks

andy