I'd like to see those who vote -1 or "other" provide a suggestion for a technical solution for the 1.0 branch, an explanation of how it fits into the notion of a third-digit "critical bug fixes only" point release, a suggested schedule for implementation, and a suggestion of who will work on it. I'm also curious as to whether the suggested solution is intended to be compatible with 1.0, a future 1.1 release, or both.

I may sound snippy here, in which case I apologize. However, I haven't seen anything that I consider realistic planning for getting this into 1.0.1. The proposals (mostly dain's) that I have seen and that I think might work involve major changes to a lot of the basic plumbing of geronimo and are IMNSHO wholly inappropriate to a 1.x.y release. Frankly, I think a -1 means a vote to abandon any 1.0.x releases.

thanks
david jencks