I have been wondering the exact questions Alan asked as well.  I have
some fixes that were supposed to be in 1.0.1, but then I heard 1.0.1 is
no more, and we have named HEAD the 1.1, so I never ported some of my
changes.  So now I am thoroughly confused.

An official stance on versioning and what is what, and where would
really be helpful ;-)

Jeff