David Blevins wrote:
On Feb 21, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Manu George wrote:

Hi,
I have a query regarding Axis. In Axis we can deploy message based web services with a WSDD as shown below
<deployment
xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/";
xmlns:java=" http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance ">
<service name="CatalogPublisherService" provider="java:MSG">
<parameter name="className"
value="xyz"
/>
<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="publishCatalog"/>
</service>
</deployment> Is it possible to do this in the geronimo axis implementation? Also is this feature of axis an implementation of any Java spec? Also the axis site says that it supports transports other than http. Is this supported in Geronimo?

Just going to throw out you may want to look at ServiceMix for your needs. Overall, J2EE Web Services don't sound like what you are looking for.

-David

If you want to go the non-J2EE route there is always XFire - http://xfire.codehaus.org/. You can just create a service class like:

public class MyService {
 public Document getCatalog();
}

See the docs or ping the mailing list for more detail.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC