Aaron Mulder wrote:
> What's wrong with just listing the attribute or reference with no
> content but without the new "empty=true"?  As in:
>
> <gbean name="TomcatEngine">
>   <reference name="TomcatValveChain" />
> </gbean>

This may be fine for references, but an empty string could be a
reasonable and valid setting for an attribute.  Therefore we need a way
to designate a difference between an empty string value, a null value,
and full removal of setting the value.

I also believe that we should be consistent.  So the way we do it for
one, we probably should do it for the other.

Jeff