The jmx-explorer is contained within GERONIMO-1163. The tweaks that I made to get it to build were in the project.xml and the addition of a maven.xml to build the war. Simon was going to incorporate these into the patch and attach it to the JIRA, but I'll attach them to this note as well.

Joe

John Sisson wrote:
Where can I find the jmx-explorer and have these tweaks you mentioned been documented or a patch updated? It sounds like it will be useful for others.

Thanks,

John

Joe Bohn wrote:

I was able to get the jmx-explorer working with some tweaks and some offline conversations with Simon. It does show this information for the currently running assembly and the set of configurations it includes (although there were some oddities that Simon is checking into). It would be good if we could get this updated utility live sometime.

However, it still might be valuable to see this in totality (at least it was for me when making changes that affect all of the assemblies) with the parents of all configurations and not just those for a particular assembly. It's also nice to have it in a graphical form. But there is certainly *a lot* to be said for getting live information and not maintaining another representation.

If nobody else finds this useful I'll just continue to use it myself.

Joe

Simon Godik wrote:

 Joe Bohn wrote:

I'm not sure if these charts are helpful for anybody else or not.  It's

a point in time snapshot that I created of parent (import) dependencies

between configurations at the moment (which some of the changes that I

have pending to clean up some dependencies).

The first page has the server configuration imports and the second page

includes the client and "childless" configs (configs not referenced as

parents by any other configuration).

If you think it's useful then I will try to find a location where we can

keep this ... but I suspect it would get out of date fairly quickly.

Joe

In my long lost jmx explorer (still attached to some jira) I have configuration tree that shows these relationships

Simon

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." -- Jim Elliot
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--

    Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation

    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.
-->

<project>
    <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
    <extend>../../etc/project.xml</extend>
    <name>Geronimo :: JMX Console</name>

    <name>Geronimo :: JMX Explorer Webapp</name>
    <id>geronimo-jmxexplorer</id>
    <shortDescription></shortDescription>
    <description></description>
    <siteDirectory></siteDirectory>
    <distributionDirectory></distributionDirectory>

    <dependencies>
<!--
        <dependency>
            <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
            <artifactId>geronimo-spec-servlet</artifactId>
	    <version>${geronimo_spec_servlet_version}</version>
        </dependency>
-->
<!--   @JAB added this spec instead of the previous one -->
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec</artifactId>
            <version>${geronimo_spec_servlet_version}</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>taglibs</groupId>
            <artifactId>standard</artifactId>
            <version>${standard_taglibs_version}</version>
            <properties>
                <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
            </properties>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jstl</groupId>
            <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
	    <version>${jstl_version}</version>
            <properties>
                <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
            </properties>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
            <artifactId>geronimo-kernel</artifactId>
	    <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>mx4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>mx4j</artifactId>
            <version>${mx4j_version}</version>
            <url>http://mx4j.sourceforge.net</url>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
       <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
       <unitTestSourceDirectory>src/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>

        <resources>
        <!--  @JAB added resource element -->
          <resource>
            <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>
            <includes>
                <include>**/*.xml</include>
            </includes>
          </resource>
        </resources>
    </build>
</project>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- $Rev: 356097 $ $Date: 2005-12-11 20:29:03 -0500 (Sun, 11 Dec 2005) $ -->

<project default="default"
    xmlns:j="jelly:core"
    xmlns:u="jelly:util"
    xmlns:ant="jelly:ant">