In HEAD now and 1.1 when it comes out there will be a message indicating if the JDK level your using isn't supported so people will at least have a heads up. Given JDK 6 is on the horizon this sounds like an additional dependency. Dain, does XBean have this as one of the attributes so a check can be made? I'd hate to see multiple CARs (one for each JVM level).

Paul McMahan wrote:
Based on the number of problems people have encountered trying to use
the 1.5 JRE I'd say this is a very prudent suggestion.  I personally
like the second approach best because IIUC it doesn't affect the
schema.  It might also be neat for Geronimo to have a stock GBean that
compares the properties it gets passed against the runtime env and
provides a clear error message and/or fails to start if they don't
match. Applications/components with specific runtime reqs could
optionally reference it in their plans.   Just a thought...

Best wishes,
Paul