anita kulshreshtha wrote, On 3/5/2006 7:40 PM:

--- "Alan D. Cabrera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not sure that I like this.  Consider this a
technical veto.

Let us focus our efforts on a a clean m2 build, not
stop gap measures
like this one listed below.

    Here is how my effort is progressing :
    I wanted to work on tomcat, I was able to build
and test by manually copying the required jars in the
repo.
I could have waited for security, interceptor,
security-builder etc... Then I started working on
security, it needs a new version of maven and new
version of surefire plugin which Jacek built from the
source. The j2ee-schema is not building. I can not do
tomcat-builder. I am going to use this to replace the
pom.xmls that break the build. And I think that others
can do the same.
     IIUC you are objecting to adding it to all the
modules with missing pom.xml because it might create
confusion about which modules need to be worked on. I
do not understand how this makes the build unclean.
Could you be more specific please?

Automatically copying jars from a maven 1 repo for maven 2 builds is not the way to go.  I would work on another module rather than introduce this nonstandard workaround into our m2 POMs.

Regards,
Alan