Henri Yandell wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > The APR spin-off from HTTP Server was probably the first federation
> > (although it wasn't called that).  HTTP Server depends upon APR and
> > they have a large committer and PMCer overlap (but not total), but
> > from the Foundation/Board's perspective - they are independent TLPs
> > and are treated as such.  The same technical arguments seem to be made
> > for ActiveMQ and ServiceMix in their dependency relationship with
> > Geronimo.  -- justin

> Right. I would suggest having individual TLPs, individual mailing
> lists, and individual websites, but with a lot of cross-linking,

Something in that realm, sure.  I am sure that there are a variety of ways
to structure Federation.  People are still exploring them.  We also talked
about how ontology might be addressed to support cross-project discussion.
And the work that Dave & Co are doing with projects.apache.org can help.

        --- Noel