+1 on the concept

Can we leave the valve in place but with some flag set so requests
pass through it but it just does nothing?  It would be nice if the
console could have an "enable logging" checkbox and nicer still if it
could just toggle a property on the valve instead of needing to insert
or remove valves in the chain.  Like a "loggingEnabled" property or
something.

Thanks,
    Aaron