Hi Kevan,

> FYI: Apache DS is here -- http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/
> apacheds/index.html

The bug is reproducible on their latest stable build also. I think it
is best to wait until ApacheDS team fix the bug and incorporate their
patched build then. However, they use different API since ApacheDS 1.0
RC1, some packages are renamed. Some efforts will be required to
rewrite the Geronimo portion of the code.