On Apr 20, 2006, at 4:25 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

First, can you rev the version of the plugin so we can eliminate that
as a possible source of the problem?

will do

Second, what happens when we go to upgrade j2ee-server from 1.1(.0) to
1.1.1 at runtime?  During that redeploy operation, both 1.1.0 and
1.1.1 will be present in the config store, and the configuration
manager has to re-resolve all the dependencies, and I don't think it's
workable to have an explicit version file at runtime (when who knows
which patches will be applied in which order).

I plan for the runtime server to not have an explicit versions file. I think it should only be used to build a server in the maven repo.

I think we need to adopt a strategy of either favoring the newest
entry in the config store by date or favoring the highest version
number.  I think I'd prefer to give the newest entry precedence.  It
does mean that if you have 1.1.2 and later install 1.1.1 it will
downgrade, but that seems better to me than try to decide whether
1.1.1-patch-aaron-5 or 1.1.1-2345-fix-by-dain has a higher version
number.

I prefer version numbers with a well-explained scheme. Date is too unpredictable IMO.

thanks

    Aaron