When a JNDI context is created for a given configuration, the interface name is used to determine the name of the gbean that will be mapped to this JNDI reference (and to create a proxy ?).
Take a look at o.a.g.naming.ENCConfigBuilder#addResourceRefs.
But I guess this is irrelevant if the objects are bound when they are created.

Btw, should the global JNDI tree be read-only, or read-write ? IMHO, a read-write global JNDI tree would be very usefull.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Manu George wrote:

Thanks David.

Guillaume , Which proxy in the JNDI Tree are you referring where geronimo requires the main interface name? Are you speaking of UserTransaction etc? I thought those were standard names that we can use to access them and will not be provided in DD? Please clarify and correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Manu