That's right. I'm looking at the 2nd part (acquiring samples).

I am encountering an error when I try to deploy the welcome
configuration after I undeploy it. The error is:

   Error: Unable to distribute welcome-jetty-1.1-SNAPSHOT.car:
   java.io.IOException: Sum file already exists

The stacktrace goes like this -
java.io.IOException: Sum file already exists
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.ConfigurationStoreUtil.writeChecksumFor(ConfigurationStoreUtil.java:43)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.ExecutableConfigurationUtil.writeConfiguration(ExecutableConfigurationUtil.java:156)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.RepositoryConfigurationStore.install(RepositoryConfigurationStore.java:319)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.RepositoryConfigurationStore$$FastClassByCGLIB$$968bf00c.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)

The welcome-jetty*.car being deployed is from the local repo and the
plan is from configs/welcome-jetty/target/plan/plan.xml. Would
appreciate any help in deploying the welcome app again.

Cheers
Prasad

On 4/28/06, Aaron Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/28/06, Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can we simplify the welcome application for the server?  I find the
> shear amount of text on the page overwhelming.  I'm hoping we can
> push the fine detail of to secondary pages.

Do you have a proposal for what should go on the front page and what should not?

> Also, what is the strategy for easily acquiring the samples?

Someone was looking at that -- maybe pkashyap, I forget.  It was
mentioned on IRC yesterday.  The deal is if you click a link to a
sample that's not installed, it will explain and have a link to "click
here to go to the plugin download page where you can install sample
XYZ" or whatever.

Thanks,
    Aaron