+1
- sachin

On Apr 28, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

How about we simply change the message to:

For information about JDK 1.5 goto http://geronimo.apache.org/jdklevel

Joe Bohn wrote:
+1 on #3.  We should not the JDK 1.5 concerns in the readme.
I also like Dave Colasurdo's suggestion that we issue a warning message if we can detect that we are running on JDK 1.5 and CORBA EJBs are being used. Not sure how feasible (or visible) it will be to add those warnings but it would be nice to have.
Joe
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
All,

I wanted to clarify what our plan is for the JVM Check that is done to verify that a user is running on Java 1.4. If someone chooses to accept the responsibility and use Java 1.5 it would be rather annoying to have this message come out every time.

I think we have three options:

1. Leave it as is (warning comes out all the time)
2. Allow someone to set a property or other mechanism to tell the server to not to issue the warning message. 3. Take the message out because 1.1 will tolerate 1.5 and we're not shipping DayTrader installed so the javax.xml.namespace.QName problem won't be visible.

Personally I prefer 3 if there are no other issues.

Thoughts?

Matt