Please do any work in the 1.1 branch.  Right now 1.2 is in a very
uncertain state.  Though, I suspect the issues will be different in
1.1, so you may want to start by testing the same things there.

IIRC, the hot deployer does not yet check the timestamp of the
deployments in it its directory during startup and compare those to
the timestamps of the current modules to determine whether an existing
file there is the same as ever or a new version was copied in while
the server was down.  That should be doable in 1.1.

Thanks,
   Aaron