I've been taking a look at Jira GERONIMO-2002, which discusses using the Geronimo KeystoreManager API to create the SSL sockets. The KeystoreManager API implements a createSSLFactory() method (which really should be createSSLServerFactory()) to create an SSLServerSocketFactory instance. The CORBA code, however, will require both SSLServerSocketFactory and SSLSocketFactory instances to implement the server and client ends of the secure connection. Is there some reason why this was only implemented for the server end other than "that was the only piece needed at the time"?

I'd like to rename the existing method and create a new method that creates a client-side socket factory as well.

Rick