David Jencks wrote:
I have some questions and concerns about the specs modules. I hope these concerns are caused by my not knowing where to look and what to look at.

1. IIUC we just released some specs out of tags/1.1 that have versions 1.0.1. How did this happen, why, and does anyone think it is a good idea? As you may be able to tell I think its a really bad idea. How can we release a 1.1 version of these specs in the future? Is there anything we can do about this?

The 1.0.1 jars have the same code as 1.0. The difference is that their maven dependencies are now more efficient. If we need to patch anything that's in 1.1, we just make a branch off of tags/1.1, call it branches/1.1, make the changes, then tag at tags/1.1.1.

2. Are these specs actually released? Did we vote on them? Are they in an accessible m2 repo somewhere? The m2 build of geronimo trunk (1.2-SNAPSHOT, currently) doesn't work reliably because it can't download the poms for the specs in their new versions.

"[RTC] Tag new specs for Geronimo v1.1 release"

Matt was supposed to do the deployment.  He must have only done m1.

Regards,
Alan