On 6/8/06, Aaron Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think it will help to have the schedule of the release.  No one can
claim IBM has a secret agenda if the time line is laid out there.  And
it's easy to wink if no one has any idea what the deadlines we're
working toward are.

I agree with Aaron here - publicity of not only the timeline (i.e., a
calendar of release schedules maybe) but also the Road Map may help on
all fronts. IMO we should consider publishing and continually
revisiting both of these items. I know that this won't be a popular
suggestion on the committer side of things because we are a volunteer
organization, but it would most certainly help our user community
immensely.

A wiki page of the Road Map along with a rough timeline would be a
good start. I also think that tying the Road Map to a timeline will
cause people to more closely examine the time a particular feature
might require. But like the Linux kernel release schedule, determining
any kind of regular release schedule may prove to be quite difficult.
But IMO it can't hurt to have goals.

Just my $0.02.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/