David,

Thanks for the heads up. I saw the JIRA and the commits. Leave it open but I suspect we're going to close down tonight and cut the final release.

David Jencks wrote:

I think that we may need to recut the release due to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2108

Apparently I forgot to convert message-destination elements in geronimo plans to the naming namespace and as a consequence it is impossible to use them in web plans. Aside from rewriting your spec dds to not use message-destination or renaming stuff to auto-resolve I don't know of a workaround.

I think I've fixed the issue but want to think if there are any more cases before I close it.

My apologies,

thanks
david jencks

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
I apologize for resending this to the lists.  I inadvertantly did not
put [vote] in the subject line so it may not have been apparent.  The
remainder of this e-mail is the same content that was distributed last
night.

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
Over the past few days the outstanding issues that were raised about
the first candidate have been addressed.

They were that we were missing the LICENSE.txt as well as Notices from
the distribution.  I added them.  Guillaume also pointed out that he
noted that there should be a Third Party Notices.  This was not
included in the original 1.0 or previous distributions so I did not
follow it up.  Thoughts?

Also, the 1.0 release notes were removed and updated the thread
started by Hernan.  The Wiki has been updated and the wiki was the
source used to create the RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt file you will find in
the build.

To avoid issues with the version number and the plugins I used rc1
which Aaron had added in the plugins for supported versions so I trust
that works here.

JSisson addressed the problem with not being able to run Geronimo
under CygWin and Kevan worked with Aaron to address a new deployment
problem that left partially deployed artifacts in the repository.

I have taken this build and run some performance tests on it and we
are significantly better in 1.1 than we were in 1.0.  We have a lot of
improvement left for CMP EJBs.  It appears that the performance
improvements in the EJB tier has changed a race condition when running
under DB2.  I'm afraid that the only way to address the problem is to
add a new feature to TranQL and OEJB that allow for the specification
of Isolation Levels for individual beans.  This is a relatively simple
change but the build as it stands is specification compliant.  I would
prefer to let this release go forward since CMP 2.1 EJBs are not
nearly as common as the other J2EE components.  I would like to
address this in 1.1.1 however I don't think we've locked down whether
that would be allowed or not.  The change would affect TranQL and
OpenEJB so they are really included components so I'd be interested in
people's feedback.

So please accept a named RC1.  Your voting and feedback are for:

Geronimo 1.1
DayTrader 1.1
Specs 1.1

The vote will stand for 72 hours.  Issues raised will be discussed and
if we conclude that there is a bug that must be addressed then we will
mitigate the problem and respin a new rc for a 72 hour vote.

If this is accepted all three of the above components will be released
simultaneously.

Here are the builds for your review and comment:

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-rc1.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-rc1.zip
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-rc1.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-romcat-j2ee-1.1-rc1.zip
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-rc1.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-rc1.zip http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-rc1.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-rc1.zip

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/daytrader-ear-1.1-rc1.zip

Looking forward to your comments and feedback.