Hi Jeff,

All I'm saying is I don't care if IBM puts up
http://www.ibm.com/wasce/plugins, I also don't care if you put up a
http://virtuas.com/geronimo/plugins site.

Now the default link issue is something else.  Can we point it by
default at some Apache machines by default?  I'm sure Aaron would not
mind, would you?

We do things like this all the time.  Our maven builds are TOTALLY
dependent on non asf hardware.  If ibiblio or codehaus go down, I
think we would have some serious issues trying to build geronino and
friends.  And I may be wrong but I think Aaron's site was similar in
that it was just providing free hosting for artifacts.  Or an I wrong?

Regards,
Hiram

On 6/14/06, Jeff Genender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hiram Chirino wrote:
> I wouldn't care..  And I don't understand why anyone else would either?

I think Matt was trying to make a point.

I respect the fact that it does not bother you, but it bothers others
here.  That, in-and-of itself, should be enough to stop and think about
what we are doing as a team...and think about how our actions affect
each other.

Although injecting that site into G may not be "wrong" per-se, it
clearly falls in a gray area that should have raised enough discomfort
that discussion probably should have preceded the action.  Call me a
moral guy, but I would have lost sleep if I placed "virtuas.com" in the
server as the default plugin site without any discussion...but that is
just me.

To be more poignant, this is supposed to be an open source application
server.  It's probably not fair to any other committer, user, developer,
Apache member, what have you...if someone's commercial site becomes a
default link in something that is supposed to represent a charity effort
without open discussion.  I think people perceive that they are being
exploited...again maybe that's just me.

I don't believe Aaron's contributions outweigh anyone else's on this
project, and I think anyone/everyone should have an opportunity to be
the default site.  So if we feel as a team that Aaron should reap the
rewards of being a default plugin, then its a decision we, as a
community/group/team, need to come to consensus on.

That may not help you understand why it would bother anyone else, but I
had to offer up why it bothers me.

Thats my penny's worth ;-)

Jeff

--