Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On 6/21/06, Jeff Genender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Personal preference...but I think its better throwing an error.  Is
>> "obsoleting" a settable option?  I am not so sure I like obsoleting by
>> default...this could be ugly since it may be another app other than the
>> Welcome app that gets obsoleted.
>
> You don't have to obsolete anything -- I said you "can" do that.  If
> you use the obsoletes, you provide module IDs you obsolete.  So you
> could specify geronimo/welcome/*/car and it would remove the welcome
> app if present and not if not and you wouldn't obsolete anything else
> that happened to be listening on /

I read that you stated, "It's kind of heavy-handed, but probably better
than having it install and immediately fail due to the context root
conflict."

I disagreed with that statement you made.  I don't believe anything
should supersede any application, except those that are controlled by
themselves (i.e Liferay superseding an earlier version of Liferay").