Hi Jason,
what is the long term plan for this space? could we ultimately move/merge the MoinMoin content there once migrated?

There is this GMOxSBOX space (the SandBox) that we could remove and put the GMOxKB instead, see cwiki.apache.org/geronimo

Let me know what you think?

Cheers!
Hernan

Jason Dillon wrote:
Okay, here ya go:

    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxKB

I did a few things...

First, I setup a geronimo team label, and labeled all of our spaces (so from the dashboard you can see all of the G-related spaces easily). New spaces for G should also get this label added (have add it manually after creation).

Then I added a {font-size} user-macro to help change font sizes.

I installed the navigation plugin (which gets us {scrollbar}).

I installed the footnotes plugin, see this for an example: http:// cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxKB/CLI

And I installed the plugin repository client, which makes it easier to manage plugin versions. I need to know how to get the Utilities plugin installed into WEB-INF/lib before I can enable some of the other plugins, but that can wait. If you have admin, you can see the repository client page here:

    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/repository/plugins.action

Just be careful, cause sometimes installing a plugin will hose the entire Confluence install, or need it to be bounced before it is usable.

Who is the point-man for bouncing/installing stuff for this?

 * * *

Basically there are 3 major sections (each of which could really be its own space if needed, when we get more content, but for now will work):

 FAQ - yada yada
 Topics - General KB stuff, not really FAQ
 Glossary - Definitions for terms

The way it works is that each bit of content is its own page. That pages parent page is the section it is under. The name of the page is the topic title, or FAQ question, or glossary term.

Each content page has at the top {scrollbar}, so that it is easy to navigate between all of the pages in the KB.

Sub-sections are also just pages, but with the {children:all=true} macro to allow easy navigation to children. It is important to add that, cause the default rendering of children pages at the bottom is disabled.

The main indexes are dynamic, so you just have to add a page in the right place and presto it updates.

Use the {excerpt} macro to provide a bit more detail that will compliment the page title in the listing.

 * * *

Once we get the Utilities plugin installed into WEB-INF/lib, we can use the Zones plugin to setup dynamic templates for each of these sections, and then you don't have to worry about the {scrollbar} or {children} stuff, just add the content and the zone will render per the zone template.

I have not yet set this up to auto-export, should probably do that soon.

 * * *

Comments?  Questions?  Yada yada...

--jason