I think you are right. A 202 code should be returned.
Could you raise a JIRA for that please ?
If you can provide a patch, that would be cool :)

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

On 6/30/06, Renaud Bruyeron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to send a oneway message into a http endpoint, but I am
having trouble doing this. Here's the endpoint declaration:

     <http:endpoint service="mmx:mms-service"
                    endpoint="mms-service"
                    role="consumer"
                    soap="true"
                    locationURI="http://localhost/mm7";
                    defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only";
                    wsdlResource="classpath:wsdl/gwxms.wsdl"/>

Notice the MEP is in-only.

The proxied endpoint is actually a JMS queue:

        <jms:endpoint service="mmx:mms-service"
                   endpoint="mms-service"
                   role="provider"
                   destinationStyle="queue"
                   soap="true"
                   jmsProviderDestinationName="queue.mms"
       jndiConnectionFactoryName="java:comp/env/jms/ConnectionFactory"/>

I am using a Axis 1.4 client to send the message in (I must use Axis
because I need proper SAAJ support). Because it is a oneway message, the
client expects a HTTP 202 response. However servicemix-http only replies
with HTTP 200, which means "synchronous" in HTTP/SOAP.
The exchange is working ok (I see the mime message on the JMS queue),
the trouble is with the http endpoint.

Am I correct in setting up the MEP as in-only on the http:endpoint? Any
idea on what the problem could be? (I suspect that http:endpoint should
figure out from the WSDL that the message is oneway and return HTTP 202
accordingly, but I could be wrong).

  - Renaud