Rick McGuire wrote:
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
Why would we need both?

We don't need both at the same time.
But:
1) I guess that geronimo-javamail is not as stable and feature complete as the sun-javamail. 2) We use javamail 1.4 apis (geronimo-javamail seems to be 1.3 compliant)

So what I think we could do is adding the handling of geronimo specific stuff while keeping the default to sun.
This way one could test it and find out the differences.

1) Maybe not as stable.  What features do you think are missing?
The version that shipped with Geronimo 1.0 was missing a lot of features (threw unimplemented exceptions, etc.) as well as out right buggy in places. The version that just shipped with 1.1 should be complete (the APIs anyway). The version shipping with 1.1 only supports SMTP. However, the newly created javamail component (separate build tree) supports POP3, NNTP, and NNTP-POST. IMAP is in the works.

So this build tree, do you mean trunk?

Regards,
Alan