On 6/30/06, Hossam Karim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Excellent, Thanks Guillaume and James.
I have two comments:
- James, does the client API intentionally allow invoking a service without
specifying an operation?

So the URI could include the operation name via 'operation:..."

http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/uris.html

Or maybe we could append an operation name on any URI as a query argument...

service:http://foo.com/bar/whatnot?operation=foo

there's also nothing stopping the user of the ServiceMixClient APIs to
configure the MessageExchange directly in any way. I personally prefer
hiding all those details in the URI so that a Destination is just some
endpoint in a JMS-like way hiding all the various details of the
routing.

- Guillaume, would it be possible to inject a DeliveryChannel instance into
the web application context?

The ServiceMixClient - if its dependency injected with a JBI container
instance - has a delivery channel it uses. So I guess the
ServiceMixClient could be dependency injected - say via Spring - or
put inside JNDI so that web apps can invoke arbitrary services in JBI
without itself being a JBI component.

--

James
-------