Hi Naveen,
There are a couple of things that might be causing this.

1) The stomp frame ending characters have changed in recent versions of
AMQ.  AMQ now enforces that stomp frames end with \0\n for all commands.
If you have an older version of CMS, and a fairly new version of AMQ
(e.g. 4.0), they may not play nice together.

2) I have seen some deadlocking occur on compilers that don't support
the PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE type for mutexes (the code checks
__USE_UNIX98 and __APPLE__ flags to make this determination.  CMS
requires recursive mutexes to work properly - it will deadlock
otherwise.

Regardless of what your particular problem is, I recommend downloading
and trying out the activemq-cpp code
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-cpp/
).  It solves the mutex problem (since it doesn't use recursive mutexes)
and has been tested against AMQ 4.0.1 (it actually requires 4.0.1 or
greater).

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Nate