On 7/3/06, anita kulshreshtha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

     I ran a test. A totally bogus plugin will not work, but a plugin
with correctly defined component.xml will work. Maven indeed uses the
plugin that was built (see the message below). If we want to use
SNAPSHOT versions for the plugin, we can create a skeletal dummy plugin
(s) and publish it. And the build will work like charm with just 'mvn'!
    If we want to use numbered versions like M1, we need multi step
build. Whenever the version is changed we will have to use 'mvn' more
than once to get a full build.

Hi Anita,

How does it apply to what Jason's working on in GERONIMO-2161? I think
Jason has provided us a good solution for the issue - his latest patch
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2161 should do the
trick. I couldn't test it out as it blew out with

Error assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
c:\oss\GERONIMO-2082-2161\applications\demo\target\demo-1.2-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\web.xml
does not exist.

which seemed to me was not strictly related to the issue in question.

(I've just noticed there's a brand new patch - on to testing it out)

Anita

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski