I can reproduce this on a windows machine. I have no idea why this is working on my mac.

Jacek/Jason if have 5 min could you take a look at the following assembly descriptors and the projects pom

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/ trunk/assembly/src/main/assembly/

and see if you spot anything that would cause empty zips to be produced? Again when I run from mac the generated zips are correct and all the jars specified in the dependency-set are included but it seems on windows they are not. :(