I just checked the g-eclipse-plugin-1.1-updatesite-RC5.zip file and only see Apache License there (not the full Apache 2.0 license) in all 3 features.  It might be important to correct the license in these features as installing via update manager is the recommended method to install the Eclipse plugin.   In Eclipse, user will have to accept the licenses in install panel before the Eclipse continues the installation.

Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Patel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sachin Patel
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:58 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v1.1.0

Ok one last time hopefully...

On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

&[EMAIL PROTECTED] ok ignore rc6

On Jul 11, 2006, at 9:59 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

On Jul 10, 2006, at 11:29 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

Sachin,

At a minimum, you need to add:

OpenEJB, MX4J, and XStream to the root LICENSE file

Which root license file I you referring to? Do I just append each license to this?

By root, I meant the notice and license files in g-eclipse-plugin-1-1/META-INF/. I actually don't think that they should be in the META-INF dir. I think you should end up with the following when you unzip:

geronimo-eclipse-plugin-1-1/LICENSE

geronimo-eclipse-plugin-1-1/NOTICE   (both license and notice should either be .txt or have no suffix)

geronimo-eclipse-plugin-1-1/plugins/...

geronimo-eclipse-plugin-1-1/features/...

The additional license and notice information should be appended to the ASL license and notice info. see geronimo/branches/modules/scripts/src/resources/LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt (you can just steal the appropriate sections from these files).

Looks like some of the jar files are still missing LICENSE and NOTICE files. org.apache.geronimo.v11.deployment.model.edit_1.0.0.jar, for instance.

--kevan

MX4J, and XMLBeans to the root NOTICE file

Again which root?

Did you investigate Hessian licensing?

Yeah its under Apache 1.0 I think, but could not find a copy of it on their site.

I didn't find any licensing info (at first). So, took a look at the source. The first source file I looked at contained the following:

/*

* Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Caucho Technology -- all rights reserved

*

* This file is part of Resin(R) Open Source

*

* Each copy or derived work must preserve the copyright notice and this

* notice unmodified.

*

* Resin Open Source is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by

* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or

* (at your option) any later version.

*

* Resin Open Source is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, or any warranty

* of NON-INFRINGEMENT.  See the GNU General Public License for more

* details.

*

* along with Resin Open Source; if not, write to the

*   Free SoftwareFoundation, Inc.

*   59 Temple Place, Suite 330

*   Boston, MA 02111-1307  USA

*

* @author Scott Ferguson

*/

I now see the following statement on their wiki:

"Caucho Technology has released this Hessian implementation under an open source license (the Apache license). Anyone may freely download, use, and redistribute the Hessian implementation."

But that's the strongest source of licensing info, that I've found...

--kevan