Aaron Mulder wrote:
> http://people.apache.org/~ammulder/classloaders.png
>
> However, I'm not sure how useful it will be -- it'll show you
> dependencies at the class loader level, but it won't tell you which
> class loaders hold a particular class or which class loader you're
> actually getting at some point when an error is uncovered.

Also, it still needs arrows. :)

Right now, the code for that graph produces SVG.  It would be great to
make it interactive so that you could drag the nodes around, click on a
node to load a div that shows which classes are loaded in it, and maybe
even collapse certain branches.  At JavaOne, I got a few simple
JavaScript behaviors working with the graph prototype, but I'm not sure
how complex it would be to add full-out drag and drop.

Perhaps you can throw the code into the sandbox so other people can
check it out and build on it?  If I recall correctly, I was careful to
make sure that all of its dependencies have Apache-compatible licenses,
(which was actually quite difficult).

Alternatively, someone could create and share a non-ASF-hosted plugin
that makes use of one of the many LGPL graph libraries out there.

Cheers,
Erin