I guess I have a few more questions, now that I think about it:

* Must you put the plan at src/plan/plan.xml or is there some way to
point it to a different file or use an embedded plan?

* Must you put the plugin descriptor at src/conf/geronimo-plugin.xml
if <geronimoPlugin> is set to true?  Is there some way to point it to
a different file?

* What dependencies should be listed in the POM for a CAR?  Let's say
you have one module to build a JAR and another module to make a CAR
out of that JAR.  Shouldn't the CAR POM be virtually empty except for
the parent module dependencies and some indication of which JAR you're
trying to make the CAR out of?  I assume it could get the rest as
transitive dependencies from the JAR POM.

* How does the car plugin know what module you're trying to make a
CAR out of?  I looked at the console-jetty POM, for example, and it
had loads of dependencies, and there was nothing obvious about the
geronimo console EAR dependency to indicate that's the one that should
be turned into a CAR by this particular build.

Thanks,
   Aaron